What Latency is, why does it matter and how to correct it in the Audacity recording app. If you do punch and roll recording for ACX audiobooks or produce multi-track music you need to set the recording latency correction to compensate for the delay caused by digital recording on a computer. In this video here’s a clear explanation of what Latency is and how to determine the correct amount of correction needed for your equipment. Here’s the Audacity Manual Instructions for Latency Correction: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/latency_test.html
Aliso Creek Voice Over Workshop
- Avoid Bad Voice Over Advice-The Uglier Side of Voice Over Experts
- Audacity Latency Correction for ACX Audiobook Voice Over Punch & Roll Recording
- Add Negative Emotions to Your Voice Over Performance
- Audiobook Voice Over-How to Choose Books That Sell
- ACX Audiobooks Voiceover: How Do I Get Paid?
- 6 Skills You Need for ACX Audiobook Voice Over
- ACX Audiobook Narration Voice Over – Yes or No?
- Eliminate Room Echo from Your Voice Over Recording
- Speed Up Your Voice Over Editing Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Reading in Voiceover: Improve Your Speed and Accuracy
- codybecth on ADR Automated Dialog Replacement for Film-at Aliso Creek Studios
- John Skovmand on Voice Over Audition: I Care! I Don’t Care! Cure Audition Separation Anxiety
- Dan on Control Voice Over Home Studio Echoes With Moving Blankets
- William Williams on What Is Microphone “Gain” in Voice Over Recording?
- Jon Kramer on Eliminate Room Echo from Your Voice Over Recording